Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Upper Cervical Chiropractic

If you haven't explored chiropractic care for your MS symptoms you may want to check out this link 
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/09/10/4689.aspx. It is interesting, to say the least!

Tomorrow, I am going to see an upper cervical chiropractor for an initial consultation (which apparently lasts 1.5 hours and includes x-rays).  I will be very surprised if he doesn't find any subluxations in the upper cervical area as, having ridden (and fallen off) horses for a number of years, tumbled a$$ over tea-kettle skiing, and given myself whiplash on the water slides, I've not exactly been kind to my spinal area!

I have had chiropractic treatment before but have never had X-rays of the neck area or treatment in that area.  The idea that subluxations at the base of the spine where it meets the skull can cause a constriction in the nerves going along the spinal chord makes total sense to me.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't pursue this earlier, as some of the improvements for MS symptoms that have been observed and documented are:  reduced numbness, tingling, pain in extremities, improved bladder control, improved fatigue, improved eyesight, and improved balance.  Many patients have 100% improvement in symptoms and REMAIN SYMPTOM FREE with maintenance treatments.

All I can say is "it can't hurt to try"

Will definitely be posting updates on this one.

No comments :

Post a Comment